I knew as soon as I saw the topic what the prompt would be: Remember yesterday, when your home was on fire and you got to save five items? That means you left a lot of stuff behind. What are the things you wish you could have taken, but had to leave behind?
Wowza – I thought I posted this man, and just realized it was still in draft. The blog world moves quickly and you can’t take your eye off the road unless you want to end up in the weeds.
When the house was burning down and I could only save five items I saved
- Small File Box from under my desk
- Purse (blackberry is usually in there
- “Important Documents” box which is the box my bible originally came in and contains birth certs, etc.
- My Art Journal & Markers (this counts as one thing I don’ t care what anyone says, LOL)
- My Laptop
Ha, and I just figured out how I wandered off my path when I was doing this….I set out to go back to the Burning Down the House post to grab this list of things I saved and I must have gotten distracted because that’s right where I left off…..when I went to go grab the list to copy and paste. Call me an ADDiva….
So now I get to lament the things I wish I’d saved – and I could be a brat and say that since there’s no number or time limit assigned to this one I’d just go back and save everything, LOL but here’s what I’m thinkin’ I’ll do – I’ll set my own parameter of “the next five things I’d save” and here they are:
- My Scrapbooks
- All of my artwork
- The deacon’s bench from my LR
- The tree painting that hangs over the bench
- My kids’ tae kwon do black belts
Now, since I wandered off the path with this and didn’t get it posted the following day I’m sure the comments are closed and I can’t truly participate in this post a day by leaving my link to this in the comments but this is my testimony to wanting to participate and just falling prey to my ADDeeeeeeeee!
- Daily Prompt: Burnt/My Heart is Not in Things (themotherofnine9.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt – Burnt (thegranoladiaries.com)
- Burnt; now what? (thelissachronicles.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Burning Down the House (fromthecsweet.com)