I’m in a different sort of mood – I hesitate to call it strange or odd so let’s call it different. For some reason this mood (nothing to do with a MOOD RING which should be defined as “that bit of stupidity that people Google bringing them in large numbers to my blog….who am I to complain…a little conundrum there) inspired me to just post some of the random thoughts I had today. So, in no particular order, they are:
- There is a full moon tonight and it’s drop-dead stunning GORGEOUS….I’ve always loved the moon and so I find it no coincidence that the origin of my name, Cynthia is (from where? from Wikipedia) Cynthia is a feminine given name of Greek origin: Κυνθία, Kynthía, “from Mount Cynthus” on Delos island. It can be abbreviated as Cindy. There are various spellings for this name.
- Cynthia was originally an epithet of the Greek goddess of the moon, Artemis, who was sometimes called “Cynthia” because, according to legend, the goddess was born on Mount Cynthus. Got it? ok, let’s move on….
- Another conundrum – the roads today were perfectly fine but just in case there was too much ice in the far-flung nether regions of our county….SCHOOL WAS CLOSED…..that’s right folks, and as one adorable member of the School Board put it “what’s the big idea – a snow day off from school and no snow to play in”. and yes, she realized she had no one to complain to but herself! I just love her – Go Debbie Rose!!!!!! Loudoun County School Board’s finest!!!
- I was up until 3 a.m. this morning drawing so I was not quite so bright eyed and bushy tailed to jump out of bed and into some yoga duds and go to class at 9:30 so I went this evening and was reminded that I really like being there in the evening. I think I shall continue.
- Likewise, I am really happy that my church, OUR LADY OF HOPE Roman Catholic Church in Potomac Falls, VA now has a Sunday evening Mass at 5 in addition to the vigil mass on Saturday evening…..Go Father Saunders – I love the Sunday evening Mass and am thrilled I don’t have to go to that other church in order to attend when I like to attend best. Seriously, I am so very thankful this one was added.
- As of this week I now have two school-age children playing the recorder for their music class – how lucky can one girl be, I ask you?
- I think I’m gonna cut myself off right there and go work on a drawing I started last night but then turn in early and get a good night’s rest….I think I need it – I think another name for this “different” mood is “punchy” 😀
- Loudoun County Official Calls Atheists ‘Terrorists’ for Supporting Church/State Separation (patheos.com)
- How Did Humans Figure Out that Sex Makes Babies? (slate.com)