I just re-posted this on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CyndeJacksonClarke with a shout out to our newly elected president asking him to please prioritize our own fellow citizens now that the noise of the election is behind all of us…..As a conservative, i think this would go a long way toward healing the rift that was made obvious on Tuesday night….
I’m not talking here about the folks whose 2nd homes got wiped out. as a Jersey shore lover all my life I feel for them too….but do you realize this storm put people not just out of their homes in NY – it wiped their homes away…….maybe I didn’t pay enough attention to what went on after Katrina and I’m a bit naive about these things but do our brothers and sisters in NY and NJ really have to camp out in the cold two weeks before Thanksgiving in a country where an obscene amount of money was just spent on political campaigning and politicking…….I can’t just pick up and leave my children to go help out but if I could I’d be headed north and I’d be trying to get alternate shelter for at least a few families to have access to hot showers and a warm place to sleep!
- Emergency Tent Shelter Lighting Systems in High Demand for Disaster Relief Operations During Hurricane Sandy (prweb.com)
- Romney’s Disastrous ‘Relief’ Event: The Opposite of Helpful (crooksandliars.com)
- Relief Organizers Are Requesting Monetary Donations (wibw.com)
- 5 Fee-Free Ways to Donate to Disaster Relief Efforts (dailyfinance.com)
- Charles Woodson donates $100,000 to Red Cross for disaster relief (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)