Up to a point in life, mother is always right.The earlier we accept this and learn to swim with, not against, the tide the easier life will be. I think I learned this on the early side, asking myself “Why fight what is?” A corollary to this is “You Will Become Your Parents/Mother. I even follow Mom in the looks department. Here is a list of 10 useful things I learned from my mother – in no particular order of importance. This is more like stream of consciousness, albeit w/out benefit of caffeine, type stuff today.
2. Before getting out of the car use the rear-view mirror to check up your nose for snot flakes. Failure to do so may result in embarrassment!
3. Sort laundry by color, weight, etc. before washing. Failure to do so may result in all your whites becoming pink or grey.
4. Don’t take another call while on the phone with Mom. Failure to do so results in Mom hanging up on you immediately!
5. Figure out for yourself which foot goes with which shoe vs. asking Mom. Failure to do so results in embarrassment in ballet class!
6. Wear sneakers to work and change into your heels when you get there. Mom swears she thought of this years ago before it became the yuppie rage….Failure to do so slows you down and may cause blisters or falling!
7. Eating cookies from Kyj’s Bakery right out of the box tastes ten times yummier. Failure to do so may result in powdered sugar all over the sofa!
8. Clean the house and catch up on all of the laundry before going on vacation. Failure to do so will result in returning to the same old shit-hole and chores you went away to escape!
10. Wear matching undergarments that coordinate with your outfit. Failure to do so results in a white bra strap showing under a black tank, or worse!
- The Meanest Mot… (echoedchaos.wordpress.com)
- A Method to My Madness (thesuccessfulsteward.com)
- Healing My Relationship With My Mother (brendamarroyauthor.com)